Wednesday 6 February 2013

Review of the day

Today has to go down as a disappointing day. Two seconds and a third, from the 3 main tips – but neither of the savers were able to help us out when we needed them…

I was sure I had put us in a really good position on each of the races I tipped in – and maybe I had, but ultimately it wasn’t good enough…

Mickie started the ball rolling with a very game second in the mares hurdle…
When I saw her stalking Highland Retreat round the home turn, I was very optimistic that she would be able to outbattle that one. However, just in behind her was Prima Porta and my fears about her being able to handle the rain softened ground proved unfounded, as she powered away from Mickie after the final hurdle…

Next it was Cadoudalas and Valmari.
Once again, the main bet, Cadoudalas ran a really good race – but just bumped into one in the shape of Grandioso.
Cadoudalas held second comfortably enough but had absolutely no answers to the winner, who looked like he had the best part of a stone in hand of his current mark.
Valmari ran a very disappointing race and was beaten before suffering interference and being pulled up, down the back straight…

Finally, it was Corrin Wood and Knockara Beau.
The latter tried to take the race form the front – but his rivals were always moving comfortably behind him.
That included Corrin Wood, who briefly took up the running at the second last, however he couldn’t withstand the challenges of  Shutthefrontdoor and Ardkilly Witness and could only plug on for third place…
As I said this morning, Shutthefrontdoor was the horse I thought just about most likely to win the race. However, he was a 5/2 shot then.
4 non runners in the race and he was returned at 9/2 shot ! – all a little frustrating really…

Needless to say, Big News won the novice chase, with Reginaldinho under-performing…
Like I say, all a bit frustrating !

Hopefully tomorrow will be better…

TVB.

No comments:

Post a Comment