Friday 8 February 2013

Review of the day

As is the case with many areas in life, when things aren’t going in your favour, you sometimes have to be prepared to just grind out results…

Things haven’t been going in our favour over the past couple of weeks (in truth, I think you can argue that things haven’t really gone in our favour all season – but that’s a different matter !), so what I’ve tried to do, is grind out some profit…

Ofcourse, it is very much a balancing act: I still need to make sure I give us a chance of getting a decent win – but I also need to make sure that we don’t fall in a hole that will be difficult to get out of…

We nearly got a decent win yesterday – but that wasn’t to be. However, today I was able to turn my attention back to grinding out a profit – and thankful, that went as planned…

Ofcourse, I should have ground out a bigger profit than I did !
Quite a few of you expressed surprise, based on my write-up, that I staked both Samson Collonges and Nozic at the same level (bearing in mind they were the same price) – and you were absolutely right !

I was much keener on Nozic than I was on Samson Collonges, so it is difficult to justify staking them the same…
Part of the reason, is the actual tipping process.
It invariably takes place in a rushed manner, when I am very short of time and with bookmakers changing prices left, right and centre…
In part, I just need to get the bets out – but unfortunately I also need to decide on staking.

The main reason I didn’t stake Nozic higher today, was the price. Not that I thought 7/2 was a bad price – just that it was a short price.
It has become my default staking – and in truth, this needs addressing because it gives me very little room for manoeuvre.
That said, I’m unlikely to address it this season – though I will certainly try to next season…

Anyway, suffice to say, Nozic won – and Samson didn’t and so we paid the price for me not distinguishing between the two…

Nozic won pretty much as I thought he would – which was good – and also a little annoying…
He tracked Kie through the race, took up the running round the home turn – and promptly sauntered home.
If it were always that easy, you’d see a lot of maximum bets !

I actually got an email from one of my subscribers, Dan, this morning. Dan is a bit of a fan of Nozic and he wrote to say he was pleased that it was an official tip today – and that he hoped I didn’t mind but he’d had a bit more than the recommended half a point on it !
Nice call Dan !!

A little earlier, things hadn’t gone quite so well with Samson Collonges…
In truth, it is a little difficult to know exactly what went wrong with him.
He seemed to travel well enough for most of the race – but put in a couple of extremely slow jumps down the back straight.
I’ve watched most of his previous races and I’ve never seen him do that before, so possibly his last time out fall, has affected his confidence.
Whatever, he struggled to get back his momentum on both occasions and second time round, it proved too much to recover from.
On the back of this performance, he could only be watched next time out…

The final tip of the day was Double Dizzy – and a bit like Nozic, he ran exactly the race I expected…
Up with the pace throughout, he battled on bravely to finish third behind Alderluck and Nodebateaboutit.
I did wonder about tipping Double Dizzy win only  - and putting up Nodebateabout it as a saver – so for once, a close call that I got right !

So, at the end of the day, returns on 2 of the 3 bets – and a little profit on the day.
It could have been better – and probably should have been better – but in the current climate, I’m happy enough with that !

TVB.

No comments:

Post a Comment