Wednesday 5 December 2012

Race review

I was sure that Lockstown would run his race today. So sure in fact, that if there had been 1 more runner, I may well have put him up EW (bearing in mind the uncertainty over the other runners).
But I was wrong – boy was I wrong !
Lockstown ran absolutely no race at all today – never travelling and not jumping particularly well either.
I have absolutely no idea why – as I’ve said before, they are not machines…

That said, I won’t be going near him again in the immediate future…

I guess the one consolation from the race (even though I lost some money on him !) was the demise of Ballymacduff.
He was very strong in the market and travelled nicely to a point.
However he was already starting to feel the squeeze when he took at heavy fall at the fifth last fence.

Hopefully he will be OK – I’m sure there are races to be won with him (in the right circumstances)…

I should really have stuck to the mentions today (and maybe tipped some of them instead !).
Over at Hereford, Drumshambo battled on bravely to take the 2m handicap chase; whilst Doubletoilandtrouble got the better of a battle with Landenstown Star.
Their respective SPs were 11/8 and 13/8 – so with hindsight, maybe 15/8 & 9/4 weren’t bad prices !
Perhaps one or two of you put them in a ‘mentions’ double…!?!?!

Earlier at Catterick, Ruacana took advantage of Moidore’s inability to jump and recorded quite an impressive debut victory.
It will be interesting to see where he goes next (Kempton’s Christmas meeting would be my guess)…

Whilst over at Wexford, Last years Foxhunter winner, Salsify, had to give best to the race fit Tammys Hill, with Merchant Royal sneaking into the frame in third place…

On to tomorrow then.

TVB.

No comments:

Post a Comment