Friday 2 November 2012

Race review

Well, what can I say ?!?!?
Second tip of the season – and I’m back into my familiar role of glorious runner –up :(
But what a race Monastrell ran !
If I’m honest, half way through the morning, when he was all blue on oddschecker, I was berating myself for not having more on (I really did fancy him !); a couple of minutes before the off, as he drifted to 60 on BF, I was wondering why I had been so cavalier with the staking !
Oh the ups and downs of punting – and that was before the race had even begun !

In the race itself, Monastrell travelled like a dream under a brilliant ride from Andy Lynch.
He cruised round in second place and met every fence on a stride.
Even coming to the last, I thought he might hold off the challenge of Pires. But Pires had the moment and got up to beat him by a length. Gutted !

Still I guess it was a small profit on the day – rather that than a repeat of the humiliation associated with a big drifter that gets pulled up !!

It would have lovely for him to win though – it would have taken so much of the pressure off.
Still, these things are sent to test me – and boy am I used to being tested !!

Elsewhere, The money came for Bless the Wings in the big race at Wetherby (he went off clear favourite) and he duly battled home. I had a suspicion that connections were making a bit too much noise about him being ‘badly handicapped’.
Gansey also turned round the form from last time with Lease Lend to finish runner up.
This was definitely a race where it payed to look between the lines in the form book.

In the following race, Sametegal won comfortably enough. In truth though, it is difficult to know what he actually achieved – and I for one, won’t be getting overly carried away with the form…

Over at Uttoxeter, Rigadin De Beauchene ran a very good race to finish second (he must have thought I had tipped him ;) ). Furthermore, he could easily have gone one place better if he had not made a bad mistake at the third last.
He is very much one to bear in mind, next time out…

So there we have it. There can be little doubt, that the TVB journey for the season is now well and truly under-way !
Today should have reminded all of you who have subscribed, precisely why you did so !
There is rarely a dull moment in the world of TVB !!

TVB.

6 comments:

  1. Great work today Andy, it was an absolutely cracking pick, we were so unlucky not to win, profit is profit though. Best of luck with them tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. One day, one of mine will hold on by a fast diminishing neck..!
    It's all character building stuff I guess - and boy, do I have a character !!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i love this blog (not a subscriber just an admirer) thers so much to be gleanes from your write ups pre and post race.

    steveb

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cheers Steve - I appreciate the comment.
    It's also nice to know that there are a few non-subscribers reading the blog (just so you are aware, the race reviews are only appearing on the blog - so even the subscribers have to read it if they want to know how I felt about the days action ;) )

    ReplyDelete
  5. Interesting review, I live eat the cheltenham pot of gold antepost hunt, its he same buzz for me holding a 8/1 antepost voucher on Well Chief only to fall on the big day of Queen Mother Champ Chase (evens fav) as to find a rare vinyl record you always wanted...Do you have subscribers website?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Details on how you can subscribe to the TVB service can be found on the right hand side of the blog under 'How to Subscribe'.
    Unfortunately, you have just missed the boat for this season (by just 2 days !) but if you email me, I will add your name to the waiting list for the 2013-14 season.
    TVB.

    ReplyDelete