Thursday 1 November 2012

Race review

Caulfields Venture ensured that the 2012-13 TVB season got off to the most inauspicious of starts !!

I tipped him this morning because I believed that the 66/1 price available, seriously under-estimated his chance in a relatively wide open race.
However, it would appear that I was pretty much alone in that view, as he remained a 66/1 shot throughout the day – and was ultimately sent off the same price.
Even more impressively (!), his Betfair SP was 315 ! I very much doubt that I will tip a horse with a longer BSP at any point in the next 5 months !

In the race itself, Caulfields Venture was settled in the rear and though he did briefly make some headway around half way, he never really threatened and when he tried to uproot the fifth last fence, whatever chance he may have had, was gone.

Somewhat ironically, I actually read the race quite well…
I suggested that Safran De Cotte would take the beating if the was fit –and he clearly was, as he out battled Godsmejudge (who I thought likely to place) from the final fence.

So, not exactly the start I had in mind – though we were helped by the staking, which I set at the minimum level, so damage to the P&L was minimal.

Earlier on the card, Be Definite was backed in to 6/4 favourite and won quite convincingly; whilst at Hereford, Arkose won a competitive looking handicap hurdle, with Pericoloso, finishing a disappointing fifth.

Hopefully things will improve tomorrow !!

TVB. 

No comments:

Post a Comment