Monday 19 November 2012

Review of the day

Only yesterday, I was preaching (to Liam, at least) on the importance of reading the daily write-ups  – I just wish I’d taken my own advice…

Bad enough watching Nom De Guerre getting nailed in the shadows of the post – I guess there was a kind of inevitability that his ‘assailant’ would be Red Rouble…
As I said in today’s write-up, they were the 2 horses I considered for the race –and whilst I don’t regret losing on Nom De Guerre, I really can’t explain why I neither had a saver on Red Rouble – or better still, landed the forecast…

I’m not talking tipping here – as I said yesterday, I have to draw the line somewhere with tips – but the write-up clearly told me to be wary of Red Rouble – and I didn’t listen…
Perhaps all of you who were more attentive than me, can leave an appropriate gloating comment on the blog ;)

Still, if our luck was out with Nom De Guerre, it was most definitely in with Ballypatrick.
In fairness, the bet was struck acknowledging the uncertainty of novice chases – but we definitely got a little lucky, with him sneaking into third place…
Broadbackbob was a comfortable winner: but Aikideau fell at the first and Sweet Irony broke down badly rounding the home turn.
With Tempo De Cotte under-performing, Ballypatrick should have finished a comfortable second – but Highway Code out-battled him for that position.
Still, at the end of the day, the bet was a winner – and I guess that is the ultimate aim of the game…

In the days other races, I’m sure non of you really believed that Nozic was actually going to hold on (gulp !).
At the line, I had read the race perfectly, with Camden winning quite cosily – but that certainly didn’t look the most likely result for most of the second circuit of the race.
After Qoubilia has departed with a lap to go, the race seemed destined to go to either Lord Singer or Nozic – with the latter looking increasingly more likely to succeed, as the race neared it’s conclusion.
However, coming down to the final fence, the gauge started to flash ‘empty’ on Nozic and Camden found reserves to ware him down.
If I had tipped Nozic, I would have felt gutted.
As it is, we’ve probably 'only' missed out on a decent priced future winner... L

In the previous race on the card, Ballylifen ran well enough but looked like a horse in need of a step up in trip.
Whilst over at Leicester, the money never materialised for Shadows Lengthen – but he ran a most encouraging race.
Most definitely one for the notebook I feel…

TVB

No comments:

Post a Comment